Welcome to my brand new site. Let me give a quick introduction to why I’ve started this.
For the past few years, I’ve been running a number of websites. This past January, I managed to make over $9k in pretty much passive income from these websites. This is more than most people make from a full time salary. And it suddenly struck me, that I may be on the verge of being what I used to think was “successful”. This seems crazy to me.
Now that I’m here, I no i’m not successful, not in my eyes, because I know I can achieve so much more. Life can be insane.
After having my best month ever, I was motivated more than ever before to grow this income, and reach my goal of making $1 million in income from my websites in a calendar year.
I wonder if I can do that over the next 2 years.
So I’m going to use this blog to record my progress and also share with you the methods I use for building sites and generating real income. I read a lot of blogs, and I’ve managed to gather lots of great advice from many of these, and hopefully I can share some genuinely valuable information.
This website won’t earn me much, sure i’ll put in an odd affiliate link here and there, but 99.99% of my income comes from other websites that aren’t anywhere near related to the “make money online” niche. In other words, I’m not making money telling people how to make money – there are plenty of people who do this. Good luck to them, I don’t really like it.
So here are some details about my current setup:
- I run two money making sites. I started the second one after the first one became a success in an effort to diversify income. Both sites roughly make an equal amount.
- I make all my income from affiliate marketing
- I don’t do any backlinks. All my SEO is onpage stuff. This isn’t perfect, but it’s made me tens of thousands! I’m sure backlinks and other seo could have a massive impact.
- I have a really neat content creation concept which I’ll share in a dedicated post. The reason why most people fail at affiliate marketing is because they don’t know how to write the correct type of content. The correct type of content with just a small amount of traffic can equal huge returns.
What I used to do that didn’t make me any money
I’ve tried a lot of different online business ideas over the past few years. Most of them didn’t work. Here are just some of the things I was doing wrong…
- Copy other people. I would read blogs like SmartPassiveIncome and see someone making thousands from a certain affiliate program and try and emulate it. Stop fucking promoting Bluehost 😉 The competition is so intense you’ll never make any money.
- Write content with a scatter gun approach. Now I use something I call the “hub” content method and it works like a gem. Every post is super targeted and has a role to play.
- Promote the wrong things. I won’t get out of bed for less than $100…. Well something like that ;p But more seriously, I used to promote affiliate programs that paid a few dollars. It’s so much easier to promote something with a $100+ commission.
- Was impatient. I think it took 2 years for my sites to reach the point where they were making money on a regular monthly basis. Sure it can be done quicker, but it certainly can’t be done in a few weeks.
What I want to do in the future
- Share my monthly income – this will keep me motivated. I lose motivation easily. I’m building this site to keep myself in a state of flow.
- Share my content creation guide.
- Share the tools and resources that I use.
- Help 10 people go from ~$0 to $500 a month in income.
So that’s my introduction. Now I know this post wasn’t very useful, but I just wanted to write something as a quick intro. Let me know who you are in the comments. One of the most rewarding things about blogging is the community. Chances are you’re probably a much better marketer than I am, so I’d love to read your blog 🙂